Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stranded on a Desert Island

Picture kids and lots of toys. Pure bliss!

Then: "You can't take all that with you! Pick three toys. That's it!"

Panic! Frantic indecisiveness. Then silent, deep introspection. Decision. Retraction. Decision. Satisfaction.

Now, try this with adults. Instead of toys, it's bands.

If stranded on a desert island, what three bands would you listen to?

It's the same reaction! Only adults argue and act more like kids than kids!

How long will I be on this island?
What if my mood changes, can I rotate weekly?
Can I pick three for per music category? Indie, metal, punk?
If I pick Eric Clapton can I have Derek and the Dominos,Cream and The Yardbirds too? In which case, i get Jimmy Page, and Led Zeppelin too, right?

Sheesh!

So, I'm setting up my blog's first tag: Desert Island Picks

I reckon one day this will turn into the most eclectic and comprehensive list of best of the best bands ever.


Collin's top 3 desert island picks - May 29, 2008 (just today though, cause he might be in a different mood tomorrow).

The Eels
The Matches
Rancid

optional 4th (hoping this one floats in while stranded) - Drop Kick Murphys

Best quote "I'd rather suck ocean water than pick U2"

1 comment:

Tonia Conger said...

1. something soothing like vivaldi
2. something with variety like radiohead
3. something vintage like the smiths or the cure

but, like collin, my choices might change tomorrow.