Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Notes from the Moleskine

I carry a notebook all the time. Usually it's a Moleskine. I like the back pocket for stuff.

I mainly use it to write down reminders, grocery lists, packing lists, ideas and random stuff I don't want to forget. Sometimes my friends are guest authors. That's always interesting. Some of my notebooks even have prize-winning poetry. I'll post one someday.

It takes approximately 3 months to fill a notebook, so when I read an old notebook, a significant amount of context goes missing. Sometimes I can't even distinguish my own handwriting. Nothing is dated, or attributed. It's a mess. I just found these random bits of Din from an old notebook. Could be from me, could be something I overheard, who knows?

Consistency can be your vice if you don't watch out.

Interesting. Kinda like another way of saying, "you're in a rut."

Ivan eats his bananas upside down

Ivan? Do you remember why I wrote this?

So, I said, "I'll have another." But that part of the story doesn't matter. What I want to say is, "there isn't enough love, and there is too much not giving."

Probably shouldn't have had another.

"What is it with the short people here, it's like bonsai bartender."

That looks like an "overheard in the bar" comment.

Sometimes its not that you made the RIGHT decision. It's that you MADE a decision.

That's not bad advice. I bet it's not mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to guess what eating bananas upside down means. Truly lost in translation, and I love it!

Anonymous said...

haha, reading through old notebooks is greatttt... esp. if you find notebooks from years and years ago :)