Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Tonia!


Today is Tonia Sarah Thompson Conger, AKA Baby Girl Thompson's birthday.

She's one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I reckon millions can say the same thing.

This is one of my favorite photos with Tonia. We are in Barcelona. I love taking self photos because you never know what you're going to get. This is a great shot of my piggy-pug nostrils, and Tonia looks smokin hot.

I like it too because it's hard to tell which direction to rotate the picture. People that look at it always turn their head because they are unsure of how to view it. It swirls in a yin yang kinda way and that is why it's so great.

People that become true friends do so because they bring a needed perspective to your life. They do this by just being who they are, by being authentic. Tonia's fashionable, creative, dead funny, caring, self sacrificing, humble and wise paisley shape fit right into my Yin Yang circle. (This isn't even close to a complete list, a lot of her is ineffable.) Tonia shows me ways to become the person I hope to be by just being Tonia. There is no trying, fake, or forced aspect to our friendship.

I am so lucky! What if I didn't find her until I was 80 and I only got to hang out with her for a little while. Plus we would be too old to contort ourselves into this picture, and too old to laugh as hard as we do at times cause we'd break our ribs.

Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: