Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Phrenyl Chondomyalegia

It is very good fortune if you have a healthy relationship with your parents. Our relationship spans beyond the perfunctory "honor thy father and thy mother," formality. I relish every moment spent with my mom and dad. They live an hour from my home so, while I don't visit as often as I'd like, I make it worthwhile when I do. This means camping out all day, opening the fridge many times to eat the good food I don't indulge in buying, and talking endlessly about jobs, family, relationships, life and what it's all supposed to mean.

Here is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. I get these great e-mails from my Dad every so often. They are nice to hold onto in case i need a pick-me-up. Like today:

***

From: Amie's Dad
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:24 PM
To: Amie
Subject: Phrenyl Chondomyalegia

Yes it is a disease we should all be careful of.

I like a good subject in an email to baffle the hell out of the corporate email sniffers. Who would want Phrenyl Chondomyalegia?

Just checking to make sure your work life is improving, that every days is better and better, and you are looking forward to trying to find a way to get people to come to your conference in Barcelona instead of the OTHER one.

Works sucks so bad sometimes we are forced to remember this whole thing is an illusion. I mean, look at the worst time you ever had five years past. Can you remember your feelings about it? We have intellectual assent to it, but we really live in the NOW. And I guess we just have to find ways to accept that it is as good as we make it.

I've been making mine pretty bad. I don't own a Glock though. :)

1 comment:

Tonia Conger said...

Can I some day meet your dad? If I'm good and behave and show up for work on time? PLEASE!