Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wanted -

Today I found this in the wanted ads of Utah’s Independent Newspaper - City Weekly

CLASSIC ROCK - LEAD SINGER
Classic Rock Band looking for front-man, lead singer. We’re family guys mid 40’s - mid 50’s with 40+ song list. Looking for singer 30yo-50yo Looking to have 1-2 gigs/month on weekend. CCR, ZZ Top, Beatles, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Doobies Great sound! Call Craig….

I really don’t know where to begin with this. In the era of American Idol - is placing a wanted ad the right way to go about securing a LEAD SINGER? This ranks up there with admitting you found your current job in the paper and that you met your spouse in a bar.

Holy hell. I’m two for three. Perhaps Craig will take a front-woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!,

I'm 2 for 3 also, though I got my job via the paper and the last band I started was through my own "musical" personal in a San Francisco City Weekly. Rockers 10 years ago were still going old school.